All Pro Eating has been BUSY!!!
We haven’t had an update in about 5 weeks because of our involvement with four Eating Championships in four weeks! We started in Michigan City, Indiana with The Wakefield Sandwich Company World Chicken Salad Sandwich Eating Championship then traveled to Niagara Falls, New York for The Legends Bar & Grill National Chicken Tamale Eating Championship Presented by Old Falls Street, USA. 6 days later, All Pro Eating was in Birmingham, Alabama to sanction The Birmingham Salvation Army National Pro/Am Pecan Pie Eating Championship Presented by Milo’s Tea and we wrapped up our four week Eating Championship tour in Spring Grove, Minnesota with The Spring Grove Syttende Mai National Lutefisk Eating Championship!!! Summaries and results are below:
- The Wakefield Sandwich Company World Chicken Salad Sandwich Eating Championship was held in late April at Eby-Expo 2012 (Eby Brown hosted this amazing event) which took place in The Blue Chip Casino in Michigan City, Indiana. This event has been held in the past and the current World Record of twenty-two Chicken Salad Sandwiches was the goal that every participant was looking to beat! This event quickly became one of the most anticipated Competitive Eating events as it was announced that All Pro Eating’s #1 Ranked Competitive Eater, Eric “Silo” Dahl would be facing his toughest competition to date as he would be facing one the World’s top Female Competitive Eaters, Stephanie “Xanadu” Torres. After 8 minutes, Eric Dahl edged out the competition and took First Place along with be honored to hold the title of World Chicken Salad Sandwich Eating Champion. All Pro Eating had an amazing time at Eby-Expo 2012 and The Wakefield Sandwich Company proved to be the elite sandwich company that produces fresh and convenient food! The Eating Championship can be watched on All Pro Eating’s YouTube channel. Special thanks to Owen Nichols' Photography!!!
- All Pro Eating promised quite a match up in Niagara Falls, NY at The Legends Bar & Grill National Chicken Tamale Eating Championship Presented by Old Falls Street, USA – once again Eric “Silo” Dahl would be facing Stephanie “Xanadu” Torres and it was heard that Stephanie pledged to win! The tension was thick at the first ever Cinco de Mayo Block Party in Niagara Falls and the crowd was consumed by the performance that was in front of them when The Legends Bar & Grill National Chicken Tamale Eating Championship Presented by Old Falls Street, USA first started. After the 8 minute Eating Championship ended, Stephanie Torres stood victorious after narrowly beating Eric Dahl and handing him his first ever individual Competitive Eating loss. All Pro Eating quickly learned why Niagara Falls, NY is considered one of the best places to visit in America and everyone left with not only their stomachs full but also a desire to return soon to the amazing hospitality provided by Old Falls Street, USA, Legends Bar & Grill and Quality Hotel & Suites! The highlights from The Legends Bar & Grill National Chicken Tamale Eating Championship Presented by Old Falls Street, USA can be seen on the All Pro Eating YouTube channel!
- The Birmingham Salvation Army National Pro/Am Pecan Pie Eating Championship Presented by Milo’s Tea provided an amazing venue and an amazing Eating Championship at Birmingham’s most amazing park! The Birmingham Salvation Army kicked off National Salvation Army Week with a bang at their all-day event that is sure to become an annual event that brings families and others together for a fun filled day! Eric “Silo” Dahl was the Professional Competitive Eater to beat but he was up against 11 other local Competitive Eaters that came hungry and aimed to beat him. The weather provided a perfect day and although it was heard that this event was one of the hardest Eating Championships to participate in because “the pecan pies were so darn tasty!!!”, Eric Dahl cruised to a First Place finish and brought The Birmingham Salvation Army National Pro/Am Pecan Pie Eating Champion title and trophy home to Minnesota! All Pro Eating hopes to be involved in this event next year and we already miss the charm and kindness from everyone in Birmingham! Stay tuned to All Pro Eating’s YouTube channel for the highlights!
- In keeping with All Pro Eating’s theme of being one of the most entertaining Competitive Eating organizations in the world, All Pro Eating rolled into Spring Grove, MN for what would quickly become one of the most talked about Eating Championships this year. The Spring Grove Syttende Mai National Lutefisk Eating Championship provided a battle ground where the winner of this event would be able to brag about the food items on their Competitive Eating resume. When the Lutefisk was first being plated, everyone immediately knew that The Spring Grove Syttende Mai National Lutefisk Eating Championship would prove to be one of the most challenging Eating Championships to date! After the fragrant 6 minutes were up, Eric “Silo” Dahl was proclaimed the winner after consuming 9.5 pounds of Lutefisk! In 2012, Spring Grove, Minnesota established themselves as the Lutefisk Competitive Eating Capital of America and 2013 will surely provide another Lutefisk Eating Epicenter where Eric Dahl will be challenged to keep his National Lutefisk Eating Champion title! The highlights from The Spring Grove Syttende Mai National Lutefisk Eating Championship will soon by live on the All Pro Eating YouTube channel!
All Pro Eating thanks all of our Sponsors, Competitive Eaters, fans and everyone else that has been involved with our Eating Championships this year! We are looking forward to some AMAZING Eating Championships that are already on the calendar and have some exciting announcements planned for later this year – stay up to date on the World’s #1 Independent Competitive Eating Organization and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!!!
On March 24th Lake Havasu, Arizona witnessed history as a new All Pro Eating National Cheese Fries Eating Record was established and everyone in attendance at The 2012 London Bridge Resort National Spring Break Eating Championship Held at Kokomo Party Bar and Sponsored by AZSpringBreak.com was entertained with the newest addition to the already amazing entertainment line-up at London Bridge Resort and Kokomo.
Once again, All Pro Eating cemented their reputation as the World’s Most Entertaining Competitive Eating Organization and the World’s #1 Independent Competitive Eating Organization as some of the Nation’s top Independent Competitive Eaters converged at one the World’s best Spring Break location to prove that they have what it takes to carry the title of National Spring Break Eating Champion.
After the ketchup stopped flying and the ranch sauce settled, Stephanie “Xanadu” Torres stood victorious with a performance better than Marc Reid Rubel could have written and was the first place finisher with an eat of 3.25 Pounds of Cheese Fries in 8 Minutes (As with every All Pro Eating Sanctioned Eating Championship, All Pro Eating’s Picnic Style Rules were used to sanction this event). Newcomer and college student, Matt Siverio surprised every Professional Eater by finishing 2nd with an eat of 3 Pounds. Perennial powerhouse, Kevin Ross placed third by finishing 2.75 Pounds. (Full event was filmed by Idea Film Factory and can be found Here)
All Pro Eating had the privilege to have several other Professional Competitive Eaters at this event (Ian “The Invader” Hickman, Will “The Champ” Millender, Naader “Freak8r” Reda and John Rivera) along with some amazing Amateur and Spring Break Competitive Eaters. We salute them all in addition to a huge acknowledgment to the event’s venue and Sponsor – London Bridge Resort and Kokomo Beach, Surf & Party Bar. London Bridge Resort and Kokomo are both top notch destinations run by first class teams!
The 2012 London Bridge Resort National Spring Break Eating Championship Held at Kokomo Party Bar proved that Competitive Eating has a home in Lake Havasu and we are guessing that this event will be talked about until next year when Spring Breakers will demand, “We want another Eating Championship!”
Now the focus is The Wakefield Sandwich Company World Chicken Salad Sandwich Eating Championship which takes place at 777 Blue Chip Drive on April 27th at 10:00 a.m. The current World Chicken Salad Sandwich Eating Record is 22 five ounce sandwiches which is held by Furious Pete Czerwinski. Every Competitive Eater is targeting that record and will take their shot for a chance to get their name in the records! This event will see the #1 Ranked Competitive Eater, Eric “Silo” Dahl take on tough competition from #3 Ranked Competitive Eater, Will “The Champ” Millender and #5 Ranked Competitive Eater, Chris “The Mad Greek” Abatsas. In addition, there has been several other Competitive Eaters confirmed for the event (Tom “Tommy Boy” Cortina, “The Mansfield Monster” Big Ernie Clifton, Andy Gerlach and several others) with the potential for some last minute entrants. This is shaping up to be a clash of titans that can only get better! Stay tuned for additional information and updates!
Later this week, Lake Havasu City, Arizona will host the Nation’s only sanctioned Spring Break Eating Championship when The 2012 London Bridge Resort Lake Havasu, AZ National Spring Break Eating Championship Held At Kokomo Party Bar and Sponsored by AZSpringBreak.com takes place on March 24th.
Professional Competitive Eaters from across the country will converge at the hottest Spring Break destination in America and will prove to the world that they are the masters of Cheese Fries. On this historic day, everyone in attendance at Kokomo Beach, Surf & Party bar will witness a NEW National Cheese Fries Eating Record be established and will have the amazing opportunity to watch the following top Professional Competitive Eaters battle for the prize money, title and record:
- Ian “The Invader” Hickman
- Will “The Champ” Millender
- John Rivera
- Kevin Ross
- Stephanie “Xanadu” Torres
On Friday, March 23rd, qualifiers will be held at Kokomo Beach, Surf & Party bar for 9 available spots at the Championship Table. This qualifier will allow anyone who is on-site to show their eating prowess during a judged eating event that is tentatively scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m.
Payouts for The 2012 London Bridge Resort Lake Havasu, AZ National Spring Break Eating Championship Held At Kokomo Party Bar and Sponsored by AZSpringBreak.com are $750.00 for 1st Place, $500.00 for 2nd Place and $250.00 for 3rd Place. In addition, $200.00 will be awarded to the highest finishing Female Participant and trophies will be awarded to the Overall Champion, the Highest Placing Female Participant and the Highest Placing Spring Breaker.
The Hungry Genius was quoted as saying “This event has quickly become a Do Not Miss Eating Championship that is destined for greatness. Not only will we be in the greatest Spring Break destination in the World, but we will watch history be established as one of the lucky 15 participants sets a new eating record!”
Stay tuned for results from this amazing event that is focused on cheese fries, Spring Break and a venue that was rated by The Travel Channel as one of the World's Best Spring Break Bars, World's Best Nightclubs and World's Best Party Destinations!
It was an amazing start to the 2012 season as All Pro Eating landed in New York for a two day Competitive Eating marathon that proved All Pro Eating is the world’s most entertaining Competitive Eating organization!
The action started on March 8th as All Pro Eating sanctioned The EL AL Israel Airlines National Hamantaschen Eating Championship in celebration of Purim. The event was sponsored by EL AL Israel Airlines and had additional creative development from Quinn & Co. Public Relations along with Brand Knew. It was obvious that this event was an instant hit with the audience, participants and the media! All Pro Eating’s #3 Ranked Professional Eater Will “The Champ” Millender was the featured Professional to beat – if any amateur eater “Beat The Pro” their prize would double! After the five minute Eating Championship was over, Robbie Wizenberg was declared the winner with 14 full hamantaschen eaten and was given the 1st place prize of free rountrip airfare from New York to Israel courtesy of EL AL Israel Airlines. Rabbi Elie Weinstock won 2nd place with 10 hamantaschen eaten in 5 minutes and received a $500.00 voucher towards airfare from New York to Israel. Will “The Champ” Millender established the new National Hamantaschen Eating Record with 25 hamantaschen eaten in 5 minutes. Additional media coverage can be found here and here. The EL AL Israel Airlines National Hamantaschen Eating Championship was an amazing event Sponsored by an amazing business! It became clear why EL AL Israel Airlines is more than just an airline and should be the only airline to consider when flying to Israel!
On March 9th, All Pro Eating officially started a partnership with DietBet.com. Six of All Pro Eating’s personalities decided enough is enough and wanted to prove to themselves and each other that not only are they the best Competitive Eaters, but they are also the best Competitive Weight Loser. DietBet.com is a social dieting game that turns losing weight into fun and can be played with friends for money or for bragging rights. The All Pro Eating Diet Bet pits Eric “Silo” Dahl, Todd Greenwald, Jammin’ Joe LaRue, Will “The Champ” Millender, Joel “The Cannon” Podelsky and Mike “Sisco Kid” Sisco up against each other in a 6 way battle for a $1,000.00 prize pool. Whoever loses 4% of their starting weight in 4 weeks wins their share of the prize money! After some great media interest generated by the Press Release, the All Pro Eating Diet Bet started with an amazing display at Ripley’s Believe It or Not in Times Square with a friendly pizza eating challenge that The Cannon, The Champ and Sisco Kid all participated in. In the end, The Champ proved his pizza eating skills reigned supreme right before the weigh in. More info will follow on the All Pro Eating Diet Bet including regular updates via Facebook and Twitter. Make sure you follow All Pro Eating on Facebook and Twitter along with the above individuals to stay up to date on who is winning (or “losing”). Each individual will also have their own personal page on DietBet.com where you can share comments and get multi-media information.
Next stop – Lake Havasu City, Arizona for The 2012 London Bridge Resort Lake Havasu, AZ National Spring Break Eating Championship held at Kokomo Beach, Surf & Party Bar and Sponsored by AZSpringBreak.com. This National Eating Championship will set Competitive Eaters against Cheese Fries as a New National Spring Break Eating Champion is crowned and a new National Cheese Fries Eating Record is established! The Professional line-up includes #3 Ranked Eater Will “The Champ” Millender, #10 Ranked Eater Ian “The Invader” Hickman, Kevin Ross, John Rivera and one of the greatest Female Competitive Eaters in the World, Stephanie “Xanadu” Torres! Check out www.AZSpringBreak.com, www.LondonBridgeResort.com and www.KokomoHavasu.com for the best Spring Break action, entertainment and planning! Make sure to follow them all on Facebook! Catch an update on this event early next week!
All Pro Eating is undoubtedly established as the world’s best Independent Competitive Eating organization and our 2012 schedule is jam packed! We look forward to sanctioning Eating Championships that are already scheduled for New York, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Alabama, Minnesota and Indiana and have plenty more in the works. Keep checking back for more updates, more news and more of the best Competitive Eating action!
The Wakefield Sandwich Company World Chicken Salad Sandwich Eating Championship will be held on April 27th at Eby-Expo 2012 in Michigan City, Indiana. This event (777 Blue Chip Drive) will bring together some of the Nation’s top Chicken Salad Sandwich connoisseurs as they each battle for this World Championship. This event will see #1 Ranked Eater Eric “Silo” Dahl try to firmly establish himself as the man to beat in 2012 as he stands next to #4 Ranked Eater Will “The Champ” Millender and #6 Ranked Eater Chris “The Mad Greek” Abatsas. The event is sure to see plenty of top notch competition from Amateur eaters as all participants are encouraged to compete. In addition to the eaters mentioned above, we will see State Champions (including The Meat Mauler Matt Askea) engage in Chicken Salad Sandwich war as they each attempt to break into the All Pro Eating Top 10. Two Missouri Eaters (Harry “Belly” and “Garbage” Ben) will trek to Eby-Expo 2012 to show the world that they have what it takes to take the main stage at this prestigious Championship! This event promises to be one of the first "can't miss" Competitive Eating events in 2012 and the World Chicken Salad Sandwich Eating Record could be broken! Eby-Brown and The Wakefield Sandwich Company are the Nation’s leaders in wholesale distribution to the convenience industry and also provide the freshest and most delicious sandwiches that you can find!
The date has been established for The Spring Grove Syttende Mai National Lutefisk Eating Championship. The Nation will watch on May 20th as some of the fiercest Food Warriors prove to themselves and each other that they have what it takes to tackle this Competitive Eating speciality. As the Nation’s #1 Syttende Mai festival and celebrations, The Spring Grove Syttende Mai provides the perfect stage for this National Eating Championship and Lutefisk is the perfect food specialty for these Competitive Eaters to battle. Eric “Silo” Dahl not only plans on defending his #1 Rank but also plans to prove that he is the most complete and most disciplined Competitive Eater in his home state. There is a Competitive Eater from the Spring Grove area who has been unnamed and his past history is unknown – all that has been made clear is that this individual is a Lutefisk Eating Legend and he has made up his mind that NO ONE will leave The Spring Grove Syttende Mai National Lutefisk Eating Championship with his title. Everyone is encouraged to attend and participate in this National Championship where a NEW National Lutefisk Eating Record will be established! Check out all that Spring Grove, Minnesota has to offer at this year's Syttende Mai festival or anytime throughout the year!
Stay tuned for more updates (including Press Releases for the above) and additional event announcements. 2012 is shaping up to be a historic year for All Pro Eating!
2011 was a great year for All Pro Eating – we visited 14 different states throughout the country as we literally went from the East to the West and from the North to the South! We had the amazing opportunity to work with some of the best Competitive Eating Sponsors throughout the nation and made new friends everywhere we went. Below are only a few highlights from an amazing year:
• Jammin Joe LaRue took no prisoners as he visited Madison, WI and took 1st Place at the University Square Food Court National Food Court Eating Championship. It’s been several months since the contest happened but his record breaking performance is still talked about in one of the best college towns in America!
• All Pro Eating Promotions sanctioned the World Bacon Eating Championship in St. Louis, MO. The dogs were barking and the bacon was flying as “Coondog” O’Karma took 1st place at an amazing event Sponsored by Purina. Coondog left that day vowing to return to beat the World Record in 2012!
• Jammin Joe Larue once again made a statement after downing 4 pounds of hard sour pickles at The Carnegie Deli World Pickle Eating Championship held at the fantastic Mirage in Las Vegas. There couldn’t have been a better place to hold this World Championship event and set a new World Record – both The Carnegie Deli and The Mirage proved to be locations that Competitive Eaters will look forward to visiting in the future!
• Dickey’s Barbecue Pit held the Minnesota Pulled Pork Eating Championship where an unknown eater by the name of Eric “Silo” Dahl made his Competitive Eating Contest debut (and won). If you know Competitive Eating, then you know his name by now – enough said! Dickey’s Barbecue Pit also converted a few unnamed All Pro Eating staff people to strongly announce that they had found their new favorite barbecue restaurant. It’s no surprise Dickey’s has over 200 restaurants!
• Jay “The Gormonster” Gorman visited The Preakness and instead of watching the Greatest Horse Race in America he found himself crowned the undisputed champion of The Great Preakness Pony Pig Out after downing 3.18 pounds of food in 4 minutes and 14 seconds. The Gormonster is hoping to defend the title in 2012 and he will most definitely be the odds-on favorite!
• All Pro Eating visited Idaho to sanction The Boise Fry Company World French Fry Eating Championship where “Coondog” O’Karma proved that Idaho French Fries are not only delicious but also fun to eat! The crowd at this event was fantastic and the local competitors showed that Idaho could be home to several unknown Eaters that could dominate in the future!
• The 10th Annual Royal Caribbean Bakery and Caribbean Food Delights Caribbean Eating Championships saw 1st place finishes by Munchin’ Mike Longo and Mike “The Real Skinny” Hoffman. The Sponsors of this event have made an annual commitment to not only great food, great entertainment and 1st class business operations but they have also proven to be a Champion of promoting the sport of Competitive Eating – a big double thumbs up from All Pro Eating!
• A new National Apple Pie Eating record was set by “Gentleman” Joe Menchetti as he beat out the FIERCE competition at The Lower East Side Apple Day National Apple Pie Eating Championship. This contest marked the return of several Food Warriors to All Pro Eating events and created one of the most talented line-ups we saw all year! The day was perfect as The Lower East Side hosted what we believe could become an event with significant National attention.
• Dickey’s Barbecue Pit created The National Pulled Pork Eating Championship and brought in 6 of the Nation’s best pulled pork Eaters to Dallas, TX after they had each won Regional Qualifiers. The National Pulled Pork Eating Championship was held at the original Dickey’s restaurant during the 70th Anniversary celebration and everyone was lucky to see a Competitive Eating battle that was won by Eric “Silo” Dahl.
• The Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence, NY hosted The World Hands-Free Pumpkin Pie Eating Championship where over 20 Competitive Eaters ate as much pumpkin pie slices without using their hands. Eric “Silo” Dahl took his 3rd All Pro Eating win after setting a new World Record. Chris “The Mad Greek” Abatsas, previous record holder, shook his head in disbelief but gave a promise that he would take down Silo in future competitions. We also saw a local competitor, “Big” Dave Werick take 4th place with style and finesse that could provide some future wins!
• All Pro Eating introduced our new logo and website!
2011 was a great year and we couldn’t have done it without all of our Sponsors, Competitive Eaters, friends and family. We’re thankful for everything that we were a part of and are looking forward to 2012 where we believe All Pro Eating Promotions will have our best year ever and develop and sanction Competitive Eating events and contests that are the most entertaining and most exciting Competitive Eating action available!